Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MY BARK IS WORSE THAN MY BITE

I knew as I got older my body would start to rebel. I just never thought it would be in the dental area. Over the past year, I've lost three teeth to the tooth-ripper-outer. At least I have a good one who also believes in pain meds. Now it looks like I'll lose number four in the next few days.

Went home early today with my jaw looking like I had swallowed a golf ball and the excrutiating pain that goes along with eating golf balls. Immediately started popping pain pills and antibotics. Should sleep well tonight (which would be a vast improvement over the past week).

Again, another "development" has added to my frustration with my sale efforts on the second edition of my magazine. Since the first issue hit the streets in mid-December and a deadline of mid-January for the next one, I've had to battle battles businesses closed for the Christmas/New Years holidays, businesses closed for snow, businesses closed for MLK, and now self-inflicted wounds like this tooth. Add to that a shortened sales time between issues and this has been a disaster. And getting to the decision-maker in the medical field (which the majority of the sales calls involve) is a difficult enough task by itself. I'm pissed....at things out of my control and things that should be in my control (teeth) but my lazy ass didn't get them taken care of until they became an unbearable pain in the ass and mouth and feet....blah, blah, blah.

And while I work for great people, they still expect agressive sales revenue generation and it ain't happening. Not good for maintaining long-term employment.

But alas, I still have a smile on my swollen face and a song in my heart. Just wish it didn't hurt so much to sing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment